Google Sites Training Agenda
On Monday, January 12th, I will be presenting six sessions on Google Sites at Caledonia Community Schools (near Grand Rapids).
Click here for the Google Sites Session Handout
Creating Your Classroom Website in Google SitesHere is the Agenda for the training session:
- Pick the 5 most important pages you will want on your website (examples may include the following: Homework, Photos, Assignments, Class Calendar, Newsletter, Contact Info., Blog, Online Resources, Student Work, Videos).
- What Kinds of Pages Can You Add to Your Site? (compare the different page types).
- How to Set Up the Navigation of Your Site (edit the Sidebar menu and/or Horizontal menu).
- How to Create a Web Link (to a shared document or to any website).
- How to Add Pictures to Your Site (from your computer or from the Web).
- How to Add a Video to Your Site (embedded, or as a Web link).
- How to Add a Calendar to Your Site (from your Google Cmalendar).
- Gadgets That Can be Added (examples of different widgets and what they do).
- How to Make Changes in Layout and Page Settings within Your Site (Page Settings vs. Page Layout, Columns, etc.).
- How to Share Your Site (with your co-workers, collaborators or the World).
- Sharing Files for the Web (ie: Google Sites) (video).